Investing in groundbreaking research is a vital step towards shaping a prosperous future. Among the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Actions (MSCA), the Marie-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships stand as Europe’s commitment to supporting researchers and fostering their professional growth.
These fellowships embrace researchers at every stage of their careers, irrespective of age or nationality. With a focus on career development, the research fellowships cater to diverse disciplines and offer opportunities for researchers to advance their knowledge and expertise.
Marie-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023
For researchers from any nationality seeking to work in a dynamic and pioneering Information and Communications Technology (ICT) research and innovation environment, an MSCA Fellowship at Tyndall Institute could be an ideal fit.
Experienced European nationals or long-term residents who are Tyndall graduates and wish to further energize their careers can explore exciting new learning opportunities through MSCA Global Fellowships.
Additionally, Tyndall Principal Investigators (PIs) seeking to add new expertise to their teams can recruit MSCA Fellows from the European Union and other regions.
Marie curie postdoctoral fellowship Core Activities and Benefits
A Postdoctoral Fellowship centers around a research development and training project, collaboratively designed by the researcher and their supervisor at the host organization. This project aims to provide training through research, equipping researchers with essential skills and knowledge.
The Marie-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships offer an array of benefits:
- Enhancing Potential: Researchers have the opportunity to unleash their creative and innovative potential.
- Skill Development: Fellows can develop core research skills and broaden their knowledge.
- Global Exposure: Experience other research environments and gain proficiency in different scientific disciplines through international and intersectoral mobility.
- Guidance and Mentorship: Access advanced research training, career coaching, mentoring, and guidance.
- Collaboration Opportunities: Engage in collaborative projects with academic and non-academic partners.
- Transferable Skills: Gain valuable transferable skills, including entrepreneurship, research program management, intellectual property rights management, collaboration building, and interdisciplinary knowledge transfer.
- Future Funding Success: Fellows demonstrate increased success in securing competitive grants, such as the European Research Council (ERC) grants for high-quality research.
- Career Advancement: Fellows are more likely to achieve professorship titles and hold principal investigator positions.
- Visibility and Impact: Publications by Marie Curie Fellows receive higher citations and are frequently published in influential scientific journals.
Marie curie postdoctoral fellowship Inclusivity and Support
The Marie-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships prioritize supporting the return and reintegration of European researchers who have previously worked outside Europe or those displaced by conflict outside the EU and Horizon Europe 2020 Associated Countries. It also encourages researchers with great potential who may have taken career breaks to apply.
Marie curie postdoctoral fellowship 2023 Application Process
Interested researchers can find all necessary information and submit fellowship proposals on the EU Funding and Tenders Portal’s call page and a dedicated link.
For personalized guidance and support, applicants are encouraged to contact the relevant EU Programmes Managers at Tyndall Institute. Louise Burgoyne (email@example.com) and Martin O’Connell (firstname.lastname@example.org) cater to Micro & Nano Systems and Photonics PIs and applicants, respectively.
Marie curie postdoctoral fellowship Deadline
The deadline for Postdoctoral Fellowship applications this year is September 13th, 2023, 5 pm CEST.
Marie curie postdoctoral fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Experienced Researchers with a Ph.D. at the call deadline and a maximum of 8 years’ research experience post-Ph.D. are eligible. Career breaks due to reasons like parental leave may extend the timeline. Researchers from EU Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries who wish to reintegrate and pursue research careers in these regions will not have their research experience in third countries considered in the maximum limit.
Nationality is not a restriction, and applicants must adhere to the mobility rule, which prohibits applying for a fellowship in a country where they have lived or carried out their main activity for more than 12 months in the three years before the call deadline (14/09/2022).
Marie curie postdoctoral fellowship Financial Details
Marie-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at €5,080 per month gross (amount varies by host country). Additionally, fellows receive a €600 mobility allowance and, if applicable, a €660 family allowance, along with management and indirect costs (overheads).
Marie curie postdoctoral fellowship Types
- European Fellowships (12-24 months): Enable researchers to work in European research organizations, gaining new skills or exploring different sectors within Europe or from other parts of the world (Mobility Rule applies).
- Global Fellowships (24-36 months): Fund positions outside Europe for nationals or long-term residents of EU Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries. Researchers must return to an EU or associated country organization for one year (Mobility Rule in Third Country).
Applicants are strongly encouraged to include a secondment to another organization in their fellowship plans. Ideally, this secondment should be to an organization in a different sector, offering a diverse research experience.
Marie-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship Results
The Research Executive Agency (REA) evaluates eligible proposals through peer-review by independent experts. Successful applicants may enter negotiations with REA, leading to grant agreements and EU financial contributions.
The Marie-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships are a pathway to advancing research excellence, promoting innovation, and building a vibrant community of researchers dedicated to shaping a brighter future for Europe and beyond.