Great news for international students seeking to study in Germany! The SBW Berlin Scholarship is now open for applications. In this comprehensive article, we will provide detailed information about the SBW Berlin Scholarship program, its benefits, and a step-by-step application process.
The SBW Berlin Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship designed to support undergraduate and master’s studies for international students. This scholarship encompasses a wide range of benefits, including a 100% tuition fee waiver, a monthly stipend, accommodation and travel allowance, and much more.
SBW Berlin Scholarship 2023
At SBW Berlin, we are dedicated to promoting educational projects worldwide. Through the SBW Berlin Scholarship, we contribute to the global advancement and dissemination of education and knowledge.
Our scholarship program focuses on supporting financially disadvantaged young individuals from abroad. We aim to equip them with the skills they acquire during their studies in Germany to drive long-term non-profit projects, preferably in their home countries.
SBW Berlin awards scholarships for bachelor’s and master’s programs in Berlin and Potsdam based on students’ academic qualifications, personal aptitudes, and social needs. We support various scientific and artistic disciplines and, in exceptional cases, also assist with vocational training in Berlin or Potsdam. However, funding for studies in other German federal states or the home country is not covered.
SBW Berlin Scholarship 2023 Details
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution(s): SBW Berlin
- Study in: Germany
- Opportunity Focus Areas: All fields
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen degree.
- Deadline: May 15 to June 30 / November 15 to December 31 (Annually)
SBW Berlin Scholarship Coverage
The SBW Berlin Scholarship offers the following benefits to its recipients:
- A room in shared student flats in Berlin
- Cost-of-living allowance as calculated in section IX
- Tuition fees
- Possibly a travel allowance for the journey to Berlin before the start of studies and the journey back home after completing studies
Eligibility Criteria for SBW Berlin Scholarship
To be eligible for the SBW Berlin Scholarship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All countries worldwide.
- Age Limitation: 18-30 years old
- Applicants should be either before the start of their university education or fully enrolled in the first, second, or maximum third semester at a state-recognized university (in Germany or abroad). Alternatively, they should be applying for a master’s degree shortly before or after obtaining a bachelor’s degree, with an average grade corresponding to a German grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Applicants should have a relatively low net income, with the total household income not exceeding the average income officially stated for their home country. All sources of income of the family and household members (e.g., employment, business activities, property, child benefit, or pensions) will be considered.
- Extra-curricular Activities Experience: Applicants with professional or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector are preferred.
SBW Berlin Scholarship 2023 Online Apply
To apply for the SBW Berlin Scholarship, follow these application instructions:
Note: Applicants must have admission, acceptance, or evidence of eligibility to a university in Berlin or Potsdam.
Step 1: Fill in the application form.
Step 2: Provide personal and contact information and attach a photograph.
Step 3: Provide information about current and previous education.
Step 4: Provide information about the following:
- Parents and members of the household.
- Most recent school or university certificates
- Highest school leaving certificate
- Highest obtained university degree
- Current occupation and desired career
- Training (for vocational training applications)
- Internships and professional experience
- Skills, hobbies, and interests
- Travel abroad experience
- Volunteering experience
Step 5: Include the following documents:
- Motivation letter (1 or 2 pages long)
- Copy of the last school or university certificate showing the grade point average and a grade overview
- Copy of the highest academic degree (high school diploma or university certificate) with the grade point average and a grade overview
If available, include copies of the following documents:
- University admission or evidence of qualification for university entrance
- Copy of an internationally recognized language certificate for the language of instruction
- Work, training, apprenticeship, and internship certificates and references
- If already studying: University certificates and records of achievements (graded and ungraded)
While not mandatory, we recommend submitting the following additional documents:
- One or two letters of recommendation from professors, schoolteachers, employers, etc.
- Evidence of net household income
Note: Non-certified copies and translations are sufficient for the application. Certified copies of some documents may be required during the verification process if the applicant successfully passes the selection process.
Step 6: Submit the application and all enclosed certificates and supporting documents in German or English via email to email@example.com.
The final decision regarding the scholarship award for the following semester will be communicated at the beginning of February or August each year.
For More Details Visit official Website – SBW Berlin
The SBW Berlin Scholarship opens doors for international students to pursue their dreams of studying in Germany. This fully funded scholarship provides comprehensive support and numerous benefits, ensuring a fulfilling educational experience.
Apply now and unlock opportunities to shape a brighter future for yourself and your home country through the SBW Berlin Scholarship. Take the first step towards a transformative academic journey in Germany!