KGSP Scholarship: It is no secret that Korean culture is becoming increasingly popular in our country. Therefore, if you are pursuing a master’s degree internationally, the KGSP Korean Government Scholarship Program 2023, a collaboration between the Korean and Indian governments, will greatly benefit you. The Indian and Korean governments have presented a new scholarship scheme for international students. In the following article, you can learn about the eligibility criteria, educational requirements, and step-by-step instructions for filling up the online KGSP Scholarship application.
KGSP Scholarship, know about…
Indian and Korean governments have created a new scholarship program for international undergraduates and graduates pursuing a master’s degree or research program. Its main objective is to promote international education exchange between Korea and India. Academically, the two countries will be able to strengthen their relationship. The application form can be filled out by anyone who is eligible for this scheme.
KGSP Scholarship Program Details
|Name||KGSP Korean Government Scholarship Program 2023|
|Launched by||Government of India and the Korean Government|
|Objective||Increasing and encouraging Korea-India education exchanges|
KGSP Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Detailed information about this program and its eligibility requirements can be found in the table below:-
|Programs Offered||Applicant’s Criteria (2021)|
|Master Program||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent less than 45 years old|
|Doctoral Program||Master’s degree or equivalent in less than 40 years|
|Research Program||A Korean university designated by the National Institute of International Education (NIIED) must invite him/her.|
|Post Doctoral Research Program||Doctoral Degree or Equivalent Education|
|Professor Exchange Program||Master’s Degree or Equivalent Education|
|Program for Education, Science, Culture (International Professionals)||Master’s Degree or Equivalent Education|
For KGSP Scholarship, candidates must submit the following documents:-
- Mark sheets and certificate for 10th standard.
- Mark sheets and certificates for the 12th standard.
- Transcripts of the applicant’s higher qualifications .
- Bachelor/Masters/Doctoral degree or equivalent.
KGSP Scholarship Benefits
KGSP Scholarship scheme will provide the following benefits:
|Monthly Living Allowance||Masters & PhD – KRW 900,000,
Research Program – KRW 1,500,000
|Settlement Allowance||KRW 200,000 (One Time)|
|Korean Proficiency Allowance Award||KRW 100,000|
|Medical Allowance||KRW 20,000 (Per Month)|
|Research Allowance||Liberal Arts & Social Science – KRW 210,000,
Natural Science & Engineering – KRW 240,000
|Printing Fee Reimbursement||Liberal Arts & Social Science – KRW 500,000,
Natural Science & Engineering – KRW 800,000
|Tuition Fee||Up to KRW 500,000 per semester|
|Degree Completion||KRW 100,000|
Selection Criteria of KGSP Scholarship
Following is the selection procedure for selecting applicants KGSP Scholarship:
- The application will be used to shortlist applicants
- Applications will be screened and evaluated according to the following criteria:
Statement of purpose or research proposal,
Letters of recommendation,
Certificates of language proficiency, publications, awards, etc.
Examination of the entire body.
- Applicants at NAAC-accredited institutions will be given preference in determining the merit list, which will be based on Centrally Funded Educational Institutions (CFEIs), Institutions of National Importance (INIs), and Institutions of National Importance (INIs).
The Terms & Conditions for KGSP Scholarship
This scholarship is subject to the following terms and conditions:-
- A ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their former employer is mandatory for employed applicants, and a cadre clearance is mandatory for government employees.
- The applicant will be disqualified if they state false facts in their application or conceal facts on purpose.
- The program includes the following subject areas:
Korean Language and Literature,
International Relations (including Korean Studies),
- The Government of the Republic of Korea will award scholarships to ten students out of 15 applicants.
- Through the scholarship, students can study at the Master’s, Doctoral, and Research levels.
KGSP Scholarship Program 2023 Online Application Process
Please follow the simple steps below to apply for KGSP Scholarship:-
- Click here to access the Sakshat portal of the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- Your screen will display the home page.
- Choose Korean Government Scholarship 2021 from the drop-down menu.
- Your screen will display the scholarship details.
- By clicking the Apply Online button, you will be taken to the application.
- Your screen will display the application form.
- Please fill out the application form.
- The application form should be printed out.