CBSE: Applicants who are permanent residents of India can apply for CBSE scholarships if they are currently attending CBSE-affiliated schools because the candidates can get many scholarship opportunities that will allow them to continue their higher education without having to worry about financial differences they are currently experiencing. In the article below, you will find all the details you need regarding the CBSE scholarship 2023, including the eligibility criteria and the deadline for applying to the CBSE scholarship 2023. The online procedures for these scholarships will also be shared with you.
CBSE Scholarship 2023, know about…
Students studying in classes 9 and 12th can apply for various types of CBSE Scholarships offered by the CBSE organization. Application forms can be downloaded from the CBSE’s official website, and you must fill out the form as soon as possible. After successfully completing the application form available at the official website, applicants can apply for renewal if they are eligible. For students to be considered for the CBSE scholarship opportunity, they must meet the eligibility criteria and fill out the application form.
Details of Award
Applicants for the CBSE scholarship for the year 2022 are eligible to receive the following awards:
- For classes 11 and 12, a CBSE scholarship provides a student with INR 500 per month (INR 6,000 per annum) as financial assistance.
- Scholarships are granted for a maximum of two years and the amount is paid through NEFT or ECS. Scholarships are not disbursed in a fixed number every year. The number of scholarship recipients varies between 1400 and 1600 (approx.) based on the statistics of previous years. Below you will find a table highlighting the number of scholars who have benefited from this scholarship over the years.
The Process of Selection
To apply for CBSE scholarship, applicants must follow the following selection procedure:-
- A school affiliated with CBSE must offer classes 11 and 12.
- At least 60% or more marks must have been achieved in the Class 10 CBSE examination.
- Families must only have one girl child
- A first class SDM/ Judicial Magistrate/ Notary/ Executive Magistrate must attest the affidavit in the prescribed format.
- Additionally, female students must ensure that the principal of the school where they are studying class 11 attests the application form.
- Class 10 students should pay no more than INR 1,500 per month, while classes 11 and 12 students may pay an increase of 10%.
Criteria for Eligibility
CBSE scholarship schemes are open to applicants who meet the following eligibility criteria:-
- Indian citizens are the only ones eligible for scholarships
- In order to be considered, students must have passed the CBSE class 10 examination with at least 60% or more marks in the current academic year.
- CBSE-affiliated schools with tuition fees of less than INR 1,500 per month must accept students in classes 11 and 12
- If they are studying in a CBSE school, NRI students are also eligible for the scholarship. These candidates, however, should not be charged more than INR 6,000 per month in tuition fees.
CBSE Scholarship 2023 Online Application Process
Below you will find the simple steps for applying for this scholarship:-
- Please click on the following link to visit the official scholarship website.
- On your screen, you will see the homepage.
- To begin the application, click on the fresh application button.
- You will need to enter your CBSE class 10 roll number and date of birth.
- Your screen will display the application form.
- Complete all the required fields.
- For future reference, note down the registration number after submitting the form.
- As per the guidelines of the scheme, take a printout of the Undertaking in the prescribed format.
- Get the school’s attestation, fill out the form, and paste a recent photograph.
- Affidavits should be prepared in accordance with the guidelines.
- In the ‘Upload Document’ section, upload a scanned copy of both the Undertaking and Affidavit in PDF format.
- In order to generate the confirmation page, students can go to the ‘Print Confirmation’ section after uploading their documents and submitting the application form.
The Renewal Process
Following are the steps for renewing an application:-
- Click on this link to visit the scholarship’s official website
- Your screen will display the homepage.
- The scholarship renewal form (defined in the scholarship guidelines) can be downloaded.
- Complete the form with all the required information.
- A copy of the Aadhaar card, the class 11 mark sheet, and the bank passbook or cancelled check (duly attested).
- Apply for CBSE Merit Scholarship for SGC X F – 2 (Renewal) at the following address with a superscript “Application for CBSE Merit Scholarship for SGC X F – 2” –
Assistance Secretary (Scholarship),
CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2 Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110092.