Pre Matric Scholarship: The Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal, offers Pre-Matric Scholarships to ST Students in West Bengal for the academic year 2022-23. The purpose of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to ST students studying in Classes 9 and 10. In addition to providing financial assistance to ST students, this scholarship scheme aims to reduce dropout rates. These students and their families can benefit from financial aid because it can alleviate their economic burden and enable them to continue their education. Students can apply for this scholarship by visiting the West Bengal State’s official scholarship portal.
Pre Matric Scholarship to ST Students West Bengal 2023 Objective
In addition to a monthly scholarship, students who are selected for Pre Matric Scholarship will receive an ad hoc grant. Student Pre Matric Scholarship and grants will be awarded based on merit, and they will be used to pay for tuition fees, books, and other educational expenses. In West Bengal, a Pre Matric Scholarship Program supports ST students and encourages them to complete their education by providing them with much-needed financial assistance. Since the scheme is mainly designed to encourage students from backward sections of society, it will benefit students who belong to them.
Criteria for Eligibility of Pre Matric Scholarship
Pre Matric Scholarship opportunities presented by the Government of West Bengal State require applicants to follow specific eligibility criteria. You can find all the information you need about the eligibility requirements for Pre Matric Scholarship from the pointers below, so that you can prepare yourself accordingly:
- You must be a West Bengali citizen.
- A member of the ST category.
- Currently enrolled in 9th or 10th grade.
- Having an annual income of less than INR 2 lakh.
Required Documents for Pre Matric Scholarship
Pre Matric Scholarship opportunities for scheduled tribe students require a lot of different documents to be submitted in order to be considered for the scholarships. The following points provide details about the documents the student will need to submit with their application:
- Caste certificate
- Academic certificates
- Experience certificates
Pre Matric Scholarship to ST Students in West Bengal Benefits
Students will benefit not only financially but also mentally from the Pre Matric Scholarship opportunity offered by the West Bengal government. This prestigious opportunity will allow the students to continue their education without being concerned about the various troubles that they are experiencing now (Pre Matric Scholarship). Using the pointers given below, you can find out what financial benefits people will receive from the scholarship and begin preparing accordingly:
- 750 rupees per month for ten months as a monthly scholarship.
- An annual grant of INR 1,000 is awarded as an Adhoc grant.
For Day Scholars-
- For 10 months, there will be a monthly scholarship of INR 150.
- 750 rupees per year for Adhoc Grants.
Pre Matric Scholarship to ST Students West Bengal 2023 Online Application Process
There is a very easy application procedure for Pre Matric Scholarship that you can follow in order to be a part of Pre Matric Scholarship opportunity. The West Bengal organization has created a separate scholarship portal. Below is a simple procedure for students to follow so that they can successfully apply for Pre Matric Scholarship of their choice:
- The first thing you need to do is click on the link below to visit the official website of the Oasis scholarship.
- Your screen will display the organization’s homepage.
- After clicking the option called Students Registration, you will be taketo the Student
- Registration page.
- You will see a new page appear
- Your institution’s district should be select.
- Enter all of your information now.
- Then click the submit button.
- Your caste certificate needs to be verified now.
- The registration page will appear once you have been verified.
- Make sure all mandatory fields are fill out
- Then click the submit button.
- After registering successfully, you can download your permanent user ID and password.
- Click on “Download Login information/acknowledgement slip” to download it.
- Your credentials will now be require to log in.
- Log in by clicking “Login Now”.
- Your user ID can found here.
- Password must be enter.
- Please fill in your further details and bank information carefully.
- Save and proceed by clicking the ‘Save and Proceed’ button.
- If you wish to secure all the information entered, click on the “Verify and Lock” button.
- It is not possible to make any further changes once the information has been lock.
- To get a computer-generated copy of the filled-in application form, click on “Download
- Application Form” after completing the application form.
- Printed copies of the request form along with all supporting documents must be submit to the BDO (Block Development Officer) for your block area or PO cum DWO for your municipality corporation.