National Overseas Scholarship 2022: Several scholarships have been created by the Government of India for students belonging to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Denotified Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribe, Landless Agricultural Labourers, and Traditional Artisans categories. In today’s post, we will inform you about a scholarship opportunity called the National Overseas Scholarship Program for SC, ST, and other students in 2023. As well as the step-by-step procedure for applying for this scholarship, we will also provide you with all the guidance you need.
National Overseas Scholarship overview
Due to the lack of funds and the backward situations in the country, students belonging to scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, and other groups are in difficulty to complete their education. Scheduled Tribes students will be able to apply for this special scholarship curated for them so that they can pursue higher education without sacrificing their health.
According to the latest notification tagline on the official scholarship website, online applications can be submitted through the NOS portal until 30-07-2022 (Midnight). Before submitting an application, all desired candidates should read the NOS (SC) 2022-23 Scheme Guidelines.
National Overseas Scholarship 2022: To apply for the scholarship scheme, applicants must apply by the 30th of July 2022. In this scholarship program, selected applicants will receive monetary benefits. In this article, you can find more information about the scholarship scheme.
- To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:-
- Minimum 55% or equivalent grade in a related Bachelor’s degree is required for a Masters degree.
- An experience of at least two years in the relevant field is preferred.
- Candidate should have graduated with a master’s degree related to the field of study or have a minimum grade of 55%.
- You should have at least two years of experience in the concerned field, or a M.Phil degree in that field.
- The candidate should have at least 55% in a related Master’s degree, and 5 years of professional, research, or teaching experience in the field is preferred.
- Families should not earn more than 6 lakhs INR per year from all sources. Attach a copy of the latest tax assessment to the application.
- There should be no more than 35 years of age on the candidate’s age.
- It will be possible to apply for the scholarship only once for each child of the same parents.
Individuals are only eligible to receive this award once in their lifetime.
- There can be no second consideration for the award for the same individual.
- Through the Ministry’s online portal, employed candidates can directly apply.
- In any case, a recommendation and a letter of recommendation from the employer are required for the application to be considered valid.
Rewards on Scholarship:
- Candidates for this scholarship will receive the following awards:-
There will be 20 scholars selected each year. The National Overseas Scholarship will be awarded to 17 candidates from scheduled tribes and 3 candidates from Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups.
- Girls receive 30% of the rewards.
- As per the course and country chosen, all tuition fees, visa and health insurance expenses, and airfares will be covered for selected candidates.
- Furthermore, a maintenance allowance of USD 15,400 for the US or GBP 9,900 for the UK is available. For candidates from other countries, an equivalent amount in local currency is contributed.
- Additionally, a contingency and equipment allowance is provided for books/essential apparatus/study tours/typing and binding of thesis, etc. For the US, the amount is USD 1,532, and for the UK, it is GBP 1,116.
- Candidate fees such as the poll tax and visa fees are also covered by this scheme.
- Expenses for incidental journeys are acceptable if they do not exceed USD 18.70.
- The shortest route from residence to place of study will be accepted for local travel – Second or coach class railway fares, bus fares, ferry crossing costs, and airfare.
- Applicants must follow the following selection procedure to be considered for this scholarship:-
- The Screening Committee will shortlist candidates based on the information provided and their merit.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in person by the Selection Committee.
- Shortlisted candidates will receive call letters via the Ministry’s website. You will be invited for a personal interview once you receive a call letter.
- It will be given preference to candidates who have already been admitted to a foreign university.
- As per the student’s date of birth, the elder candidate will be given preference whenever there is a tie between two or more selected candidates.
- Candidates with experience will be preferred over those with little experience.
- The Indian Embassy abroad is responsible for ensuring that the applicant is not involved in any unlawful activities or businesses. This process leads to the release of scholarships to candidates.
- National Overseas Scholarships for SC Students Application Process
Online application process
National Overseas Scholarship 2022: In order to apply for the scholarship, the applicant must follow the following procedures:-
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs’ official website can be found on the home page
- Become a scholarship applicant.
- Your account has been successfully created.
- Use your credentials to log in
- Complete the scholarship application form
- Please submit it with all the required documents.
- Fill out the application form with your Aadhar card number, mobile number, and email address.
- Please upload all the documents
- To gain special preference over other candidates, the candidate must upload the offer letter they received from a foreign institute before submitting the application.
- Visit the scholarship program’s official website.
- You will be taken to the website’s homepage.
- Select Application Status from the drop-down menu.
- You will be redirected to a new application form.
- Date of birth and application number must be entered.
- Select Track from the menu.
National Overseas Scholarship Result update
- Go to the scholarship program’s official website.
- On the screen, you will see the homepage of the website.
- Select the NOS Result option according to your preference
Leave a Reply