Indira Gandhi Scholarship: Indira Gandhi’s single girl child scholarship helps the girl children of our country achieve their educational goals by providing them with a scholarship for undergraduate studies. Detailed information about the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023 is provided in the article below if you are interested in learning more. For more information about Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarships, read the article in order to find out more about the organization’s scholarship program for girls. The eligibility criteria and application process have been shared.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child, about…
Considering how backward girls are in India due to poverty, as well as the discrimination they face from their parents or society, it is very important to support them. Annually, around 3,000 girls across the country will benefit from the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship. A total of 3,100 Rupees will be given to the girls over the course of two years. They will receive this money in order to continue their education.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child Details
|Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023
|Government of India
|Rupees 3,100 per month
|Single girl child
Criteria for Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship, the applicant must meet the following requirements:-
- Any designated university or postgraduate college must admit applicants to their first-year master’s program.
- Candidates must be girls whose parents are only children. Candidates for this scholarship must not have brothers, but twin daughters and fraternal daughters are eligible to apply.
- In order to qualify for admission to the PG program, candidates must not be older than 30 years of age.
- This scholarship is not available to candidates admitted to PG courses through distance education.
- This scholarship is also not income-based.
Documents required for Indira Gandhi Scholarship include:-
- Caste and income certificates must be provided by students.
- It is necessary to provide proof of admission.
- Both the institution’s and the student’s bank account details must be provided.
- It is necessary to know the program’s fee structure.
- A copy of the student’s passport-size photo and signature.
- An ID is required for students.
- A declaration of the girl’s status as the only child in her family, duly attested by the First Class Magistrate/ Gazetted Officer/ Senior District Manager.
The Terms & Conditions
To be eligible for Indira Gandhi Scholarship, the applicant must meet the following requirements:-
- The UGC scholarship is only available to candidates in their first year of a PG degree program.
- In lieu of hostel, medical, and other fees, the candidates are not entitled to additional grants.
- This single-girl child scholarship does not require awardees to pay tuition to the host institutes.
- The scholarship amount will be released to the beneficiaries based on their progress reports submitted to the designated bank (Canara Bank) after one year of being awarded. Registrar or
- Head of Institution or Principal of the College or Department should sign this report.
- Candidate must remember that they must refund the entire amount directly to UGC if they discontinue their studies without prior notice.
- There are other scholarships available to applicants who qualify for this scholarship.
- It is possible to terminate the scholarship if candidates engage in misconduct or provide inaccurate information at any stage of their application (50% in the case of Physically Challenged awardees).
Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child Application Process
Indira Gandhi Scholarship application process is simple and follows the steps below:-
- Go to the official scholarship portal website first.
- On your screen, you’ll see the homepage.
- Select New Registration from the menu.
- Your screen will display the registration form.
- Make sure you read the guidelines carefully.
- The declarations should be tick.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Fill out the registration form with all your details.
- Usernames and passwords can be generate here.
- The OTP must be use to verify your mobile number.
- Use your credentials to log in now.
- Fill out the application form by clicking on the Application Form option.
- All the documents you need to upload should be uploade.
- After successfully submitting the completed application form, print it out.
Renewal of Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- Visit the scholarship website.
- You will be taken to the website’s homepage.
- Click on New Registration.
- A new page will appear.
- You can now renew your membership by clicking on the Apply for Renewal button.
- The renewal login form will appear.
- Log in using your details.
- You will now see the renewal form.
- Click the submit button after entering the renewal details.