The Harvard Global Health Institute and the Global Health and Population Department at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health have introduced the LEAD Fellowship program. This initiative aims to empower women from low-income and middle-income countries by offering fellowship opportunities that enable them to assume leadership roles across various sectors.
This article serves as a comprehensive guide to the Harvard LEAD Fellowship 2023. It provides details about the fellowship’s objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, features, required documents, and the online application process. To gain a complete understanding of this fellowship opportunity, continue reading until the end.
Harvard LEAD Fellowship 2023
The LEAD Fellowship program is tailored to women hailing from underrepresented backgrounds in low-income and middle-income countries. By applying for the LEAD Fellowship online, eligible women can access pathways to leadership positions in public health, medicine, and the health and life sciences. This exclusive opportunity is solely dedicated to female applicants from specified regions.
The LEAD Fellowship by Harvard seeks to address global health disparities among women applicants. This fellowship endeavors to provide financial support and professional resources to female candidates pursuing leadership roles. The application window for this fellowship is open from September 1st to August 31st, 2024.
|Benefit||The women will be able to get fellowship support|
|Applicable to||Citizens of Low/Middle-Income Countries|
|Beneficiary Category||Women Applicants|
|Mode of Transfer||DBT|
|Payment Mechanism||E-Payment Mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Fellowship Amount|
|Fellowship Tenure||1 Year|
|Covered Allowances||Accommodation Allowance, Visa Fees, & Flights Cost|
|No of Covered Allowances||3|
|Transferable Type||Monthly/Annually/One-Time Payment Basis|
|Host Site||NIC (National Information Centre)|
|Last Date To Apply Online||31st August 2024|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Office Address||Harvard Global Health Institute
42 Church St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Objectives of the LEAD Fellowship
The primary objectives of the LEAD Fellowship are as follows:
- Empowerment through Leadership: The fellowship program aims to empower women by offering them leadership positions and opportunities in fields such as public health, medicine, and health and life sciences.
- Global Health and Medical Access: The LEAD Fellowship intends to provide selected fellows with global access to health and medical facilities. The program facilitates access to coaching, mentorship, executive education courses, workshops, networking events, and speaking engagements.
- Skill Development: Another objective is to grant selected female applicants fellowship amounts for a duration of one year (12 months). During this period, fellows will have the chance to engage in diverse opportunities in research, advocacy, administration, and policy.
LEAD Fellowship Beneficiary Category
The LEAD Fellowship is exclusively available to women applicants from low-income and middle-income countries. The fellowship rewards and benefits are extended solely on the basis of the beneficiary category, ensuring that eligible candidates receive the support they deserve.
Facilities Offered The LEAD Fellowship program offers a range of facilities, including:
- Speaking Engagements
- Executive Education Courses
- Events and Networking
Coverage of the LEAD Fellowship
The LEAD Fellowship covers various allowances, encompassing:
- Accommodation Allowance
- Visa Fees
- Flights Cost
Duration of the LEAD Fellowship
The fellowship duration plays a pivotal role in fellows’ engagement with the program. Participants are required to fulfill their designated roles and responsibilities over a span of one year (12 months).
Fields of Study Offered Fellowship participants have the opportunity to engage in the following fields of study:
Fulfilling Higher Education Dreams
The LEAD Fellowship program aligns with the aspirations of students who wish to pursue higher studies abroad. By providing financial support, the fellowship strives to transform students’ dreams into tangible opportunities for academic growth and advancement.
LEAD Fellowship 2023 Application Deadline
The specific deadline for LEAP Scholarship applications has not been released by the selection body. Once the deadline is announced, this article will be updated with the relevant information.
Expansion of Professional Network Participating in the Harvard LEAD Fellowship offers fellows the chance to connect with a diverse and accomplished network of professionals. This network, which includes fellow participants, faculty members, guest speakers, and alumni, can pave the way for collaborations, mentorship, and future career advancements.
Knowledge Exchange & Exposure The LEAD Fellowship provides a platform for participants to exchange knowledge and engage in intellectual discussions. Through workshops, seminars, and interactive sessions, fellows can explore cutting-edge research, industry trends, and innovative ideas. This exposure broadens their perspectives and deepens their understanding of various fields.
LEAD Fellowship Resources & Opportunities
Harvard University offers a wealth of resources, including libraries, research centers, and academic databases. Fellowship participants gain access to these resources, enhancing their ability to undertake projects, conduct research, and explore entrepreneurial initiatives. Additionally, they may have the chance to attend conferences, events, and workshops that contribute to their knowledge and networks.
Benefits of the LEAD Fellowship
The benefits of the LEAD Fellowship are as follows:
- Empowerment of women from underrepresented communities.
- Equal access to various benefits for fellows.
- One-year fellowship duration.
- Addressing public health and medical challenges.
- Flexibility to pursue fellowship in specified fields of study.
- Online application before the specified deadline.
- Support for academic and professional aspirations.
Harvard LEAD Fellowship details
Key features of the Harvard LEAD Fellowship include:
- Collaboration of Harvard Global Health Institute and Global Health and Population Department.
- Exclusive opportunity for female applicants.
- Reserved for women from low-income and middle-income countries.
- Fellowship duration of one year.
- Application submission deadline of August 31, 2024.
Eligibility Criteria for Harvard LEAD Fellowship
To register for the fellowship, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Belong to low and middle-income families.
- Female applicants are eligible.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Have not participated in any fellowship program within the last four months.
LEAD Fellowship Required Documents
Vital documents required for online fellowship application include:
- Application Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Research Proposal
- Letter of Acceptance
- Contact Information: Mobile Number, Email ID
Harvard LEAD Fellowship 2023 Online Application
Given that the fellowship program has been recently launched, information on the application process is yet to be disseminated through social networking platforms. As soon as details regarding the online application procedure for the LEAD Fellowship are unveiled, this article will be updated. Alternatively, interested applicants can visit the official website for more information.
LEAD Fellowship Contact details
For inquiries related to the LEAD Fellowship, applicants can reach out through the following channels:
Office Address: Harvard Global Health Institute 42 Church St. Cambridge, MA 02138 Phone Number: 617-384-5431 Email Address: email@example.com