The Food Bill Scholarship program, also known as Bhojan Bill Sahay Yojana, is an initiative launched by the government of Gujarat to provide food stipends to students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. This program, initiated by the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment, aims to support students belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) in meeting their nutritional needs.
Food Bill Scholarship Details
The Food Bill Scholarship program is a part of the Digital Gujarat Scholarship program and focuses on providing food bill assistance to eligible students.
Food Bill Scholarship Objective
Recognizing the financial burdens faced by students pursuing education in engineering and medical universities, this program aims to address the issue of compromised nutrition and diet among students from underprivileged backgrounds. By providing food allowances, it ensures that SC, ST, and OBC students receive adequate nutrition during their education.
Food Bill Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Food Bill Scholarship program, applicants must meet certain eligibility criteria. The requirements are as follows:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- The applicant must be a resident of Gujarat and belong to the SC, ST, or OBC category.
- The annual household income of the candidate should not exceed 2.5 lakh Indian rupees.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a medical or engineering program.
Food Bill Scholarship Required Documents
Applicants should gather the necessary documents before initiating the application process. The required documents include:
- Proof of identification (e.g., Aadhar card, Voter ID, Ration card, PAN card)
- Caste certificate
- Family income certificate
- Fee receipt (for the currently enrolled course)
- Bonafide certificate from the current college
- Previous year’s marksheet
- School leaving certificate
- Hostel certificate (for hostellers)
- Affidavit for students with a gap of more than 1 year
- Bank account passbook
Food Bill Scholarship Online Application Procedure
Applicants should follow the steps below to apply for the Food Bill Scholarship program online:
- Visit the official website of the Food Bill Scholarship program at https://gueedconline.gujarat.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, click on the “New Registration” link.
- Fill out the registration form and submit it.
- Log in to the website using the registered details to access the application form.
- Fill out the application form accurately and upload all the supporting documents in PDF format.
- Review the information and documents provided, then click the submit button.
- The selection committee responsible for the scholarship program will assess the applications and select the candidates.
Food Bill Scholarship amount
Selected candidates will receive a monthly stipend of 1500 INR for 10 months each year to alleviate their mess bill expenses.
Food Bill Scholarship Contact Details
For more information about the Food Bill Scholarship program, applicants can reach out using the following contact details: Helpline Number: 079-23258688, 079-23258684 Email: [email protected]
The Food Bill Scholarship program in Gujarat aims to provide much-needed food stipends to underprivileged students pursuing higher education. By ensuring students’ nutritional needs are met, this initiative supports their academic journey and promotes equal opportunities for success. For further assistance or inquiries, applicants can reach out to the provided helpline number or email address.
Which states are providing Food Bill Scholarship?
The Food Bill Scholarship is provided by the government of Gujarat as part of the Digital Gujarat Scholarship program.
For whom is the food bill scholarship available?
The scholarship is available for students belonging to backward classes, including Other Backward Classes (OBC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Scheduled Castes (SC) categories.
How much compensation will I get under this scholarship?
The scholarship program offers a monthly compensation of Rs 1500 for a period of 10 months, covering the recipients' mess meal expenses.
I am studying engineering. Can I apply for this scheme?
Yes, students pursuing both medical and engineering courses are eligible to apply for this scholarship scheme.