Are you looking to pursue your doctoral studies in Canada? The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Program is now open for applications. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship, including its benefits and a step-by-step application process.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2023
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Program offers fully funded scholarships for international students pursuing their PhD studies in Canada. Valued at $50,000 per year for three years, this prestigious scholarship aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students who demonstrate leadership skills and exceptional scholarly accomplishments in various fields, including natural sciences, engineering, social sciences, humanities, and health.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2023 details
- Level of Study: PhD (Doctoral)
- Institution(s): Canadian institution with a quota to host Vanier scholars
- Study in: Canada
- Program Period: 3 years
- Courses Offered: The scholarship covers research in the following areas:
- Natural sciences and/or engineering research
- Health research
- Social sciences and humanities research
- Deadline: Before November 01, 2023
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2023 Coverage
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship offers the following benefits:
- A scholarship valued at $50,000 per year for three years during doctoral studies.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Permanent residents of Canada, Canadian citizens, and Foreign citizens
- Pursuing the first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research programs such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding.
- Not completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2023.
- Nominated by only one Canadian institution that has received a Vanier CGS quota.
- Intend to pursue full-time doctoral studies and research at the nominating institution in the summer semester or academic year following the announcement of results. Again, only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding.
- Not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
- Achieved a first-class average, as determined by the institution, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2023 Application Process
To apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship, follow these steps:
Step 1: Research Canadian Institutions
- Begin your application by researching Canadian institutions through the Universities Canada website.
- Thoroughly research the program of interest and potential supervisors for your proposed research.
Step 2: Check Vanier CGS Quota
- Consult the Vanier CGS quota page to ensure that your chosen institution has a quota for the year you are applying.
Step 3: Prepare Application
- Prepare a complete application package, which includes:
- Research proposal, biosketch, and project plan using the provided research template.
- Three letters of recommendation (Refer to applicant instructions for guidance).
- CV uploaded through the application link.
- Graduate transcripts in an acceptable format (Refer to applicant instructions for details).
Step 4: Submit Application
- Submit your application to the nominating institution by their internal deadline using the ResearchNet application system.
- The institution performs the internal candidate selection process.
- Forward recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat by November 1, 2023 (20:00 Eastern Time).
- The Secretariat coordinates the review process and presents recommendations to the Tri-Agency Programs (TAP) Steering Committee.
- Nominated candidates will be notified of the competition results in April 2024.
- Applicants cannot apply directly to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program and must be nominated by the institution they want to study at.
- Check the institutional internal deadlines with the administrator at the nominating institution.
- Carefully review the Selection Committee Guide for evaluation criteria and equity, diversity, and inclusion considerations.
For more details visit official Website – http://www.vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship Program offers exceptional doctoral students a fully funded opportunity to pursue their studies in Canada. With a scholarship valued at $50,000 per year for three years, this program aims to attract and retain top talent in various research fields. If you meet the eligibility criteria, apply through your nominated Canadian institution and take the first step towards a remarkable academic journey.