If you dream of studying at a top university in the USA with a fully funded scholarship, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will provide detailed information about the Stanford University Scholarship, including its benefits and a step-by-step application process.
Stanford University Scholarship 2023
Stanford University Scholarships for the academic year 2024-2025 offer fully funded opportunities for international students pursuing Masters and PhD studies. These scholarships encompass full tuition fees, a traveling allowance, living expenses, and academic costs.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program is renowned as one of the world’s best scholarship initiatives. It attracts exceptional future leaders from various disciplines and countries to Stanford University. Through multidisciplinary education, leadership development, and a global perspective, scholars are empowered to make a significant impact on the world.
About Stanford University
Founded in 1885, Stanford University has consistently been a center for learning, innovation, and intellectual advancement. Ranked #2 in QS World Universities Ranking 2019, the university has continuously led the way with groundbreaking ideas and discoveries.
Stanford University Scholarships 2023 details
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution: Stanford University
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Scholarships are available for various Graduate (PhD) degree programs, ranging from arts, engineering, education, humanities, to professional degrees in business, law, or medicine. Click here to find all the available programs.
- Program Period: The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program funds up to the first three years of your graduate education, and if your degree program exceeds three years (e.g., MD or PhD program or a Stanford dual- or joint-degree program), your Stanford home department will fund the remaining education expenses to the extent consistent with its standard funding commitment for that program.
- Deadline: October 12, 2023 (For more details, click here)
Stanford University Scholarship Coverage
Stanford University Scholarships provide recipients with the following benefits:
- A travel stipend to cover an economy-class ticket for an annual trip to and from Stanford.
- A stipend for living and academic expenses, such as room and board, books, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses.
- A fellowship to cover tuition (commensurate with the standard departmental level of enrollment) and associated fees.
- Note: The scholarship typically does not cover costs already paid for by your home department at Stanford, such as subscriptions or lab equipment. However, scholars may apply for supplemental funds to support academic endeavors, such as conference travel.
Stanford University Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for Stanford University Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All countries worldwide can apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program.
- Possession of a first/bachelor’s degree received in 2015 or later; applicable for enrolling in 2022. Eligibility extends to those who apply within four years and enroll within five years after obtaining their first/bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated qualities of intellectual sharpness, originality, adaptability in ambiguous situations, and the ability to hold differing perspectives.
- Completion of the entire application process, including any standardized test requirements for your chosen graduate degree program (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.), and an English proficiency test if necessary.
- Ambitious, risk-taking, self-aware, humble, inclusive, and concerned for others.
- Proficiency in English (listening, reading, speaking, and writing) is required to study at Stanford. Most graduate programs require a minimum TOEFL score of 100iBT or 600PBT. Stanford accepts TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE scores. Learn more about the required scores here.
- Applicants must also apply and be accepted by a full-time Stanford graduate degree program. Incoming Knight-Hennessy Scholars must be newly enrolling students in Stanford graduate programs, including but not limited to DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD programs. Priority consideration is given to those planning to study at Stanford for at least two years.
Stanford University Scholarship 2023 Application Process
To apply for the Stanford University Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Create an Account: Start by creating an account here and initiate your online application.
- Complete the Online Application for Admission: Provide personal and academic information, details of your activities and interests, and submit a resume outlining your intellectual, personal, and professional background and achievements.
- Submit Required Documents:
- Unofficial or self-reported transcript of your academic performance in college and, if applicable, graduate school. Your transcript must include the conferred degree and conferral date.
- Two recommendation letters (details can be found here).
- Essays and short answer responses that allow you to express your influences, life’s calling, goals, and improbable facts about yourself. A video story (maximum two minutes) is also required.
- In-Person Assessment: As part of the application process, an in-person assessment may be conducted.
- All Knight-Hennessy Scholars application materials must be submitted in English via the online application portal. No materials sent via email or postal mail will be accepted.
- We recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for the application.
For reference, a PDF sample of the application for the autumn 2024 intake can be found here.
Embark on a transformative academic journey with Stanford University Scholarships. Apply now and unlock a world of opportunities for your future.
For more info visit website – https://knight-hennessy.stanford.edu/admission