The National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) has introduced the National Merit Scholarship for high school seniors who want to pursue scholarships based on their merit test results.
Students who qualify for this test are known as National Merit Scholars. In this article, we’ll provide you with information about the 2023 National Merit Scholarship, including its goals, eligibility criteria, benefits, features, and necessary documents. We’ll also guide you through the online application process.
National Merit Scholarship 2023
- The National Merit Scholarship is available to students who have passed the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT).
- Qualifying students become semifinalists and then finalists.
- This scholarship is open to students planning to enroll in full-time college programs.
- The primary goal is to recognize and support academically excellent students through scholarships.
- It also provides a platform for students to compete and showcase their skills, aptitude, and knowledge through the PSAT/NMSQT.
National Merit Scholarship 2023 last Dates
- The final application deadline has not been announced yet. Keep an eye out for updates.
National Merit Scholarship Results
- Results will be published after the exam, and eligible students will be notified.
- Selection is based on sponsor criteria and entry requirements.
- The scholarship is available for high school seniors and full-time college students.
- Students need critical reading, mathematics problem-solving, and writing skills for the exam.
- There are two competition rounds: Semifinalist and Finalist.
- Semifinalists and Finalists receive stipends ranging from $500 to $2,000 annually.
- Winners receive stipends, letters of commendation, and certificates of merit.
National Merit Scholarship Benefits
- Scholarships are awarded based on merit.
- Both school and college students are eligible to apply.
- It enhances knowledge, skills, and aptitude.
- Stipends are awarded annually.
- Exam syllabus is available for preparation.
- Some scholarships are reserved for African-American students.
National Merit Scholarship 2023 Application details
- The scholarship is launched by NMSC.
- It’s available to U.S. citizens.
- High school seniors and college students can apply online.
- Stipend amounts range from $500 to $2,000 annually.
- The exam duration is 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- For more details, visit the official website.
National Merit Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- They must be high school seniors or full-time college students.
- Students should have taken the PSAT/NMSQT and qualified for the competition rounds.
Required documents include a completed application form, recommendation letter, references, high school reports, academic transcripts, and an essay submission.
National Merit Scholarship 2023 online application
As the scholarship is recently launched, application details are not available yet. Check the official website for updates.
National Merit Scholarship 2023 Renewal Form
To apply for a renewal, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website.
- Navigate to the “For Scholars” section.
- Click on “Online Scholarship Renewal (OSR).”
- Complete the five-step form and submit.
National Merit Scholarship helpline
If you have questions or need assistance, contact the National Merit Scholarship Corporation at:
- Office Address: 1560 Sherman Avenue, Suite 200, Evanston, Illinois 60201-4897
- Phone No: (847) 866-5100