Great news for aspiring international students! The applications for the prestigious Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2024-2025 are now open. This fully funded scholarship offers an incredible opportunity for masters and doctoral research studies. Let’s delve into the details of this scholarship, its benefits, and the step-by-step application process.
McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2023-24
The Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship (SJMN) is made possible by a private trust established in memory of the late Sir James McNeill, who had a longstanding association with Monash University. The scholarship aims to support research that is both environmentally responsible and socially beneficial, providing essential financial assistance to students pursuing their studies at Monash University.
Monash University is a renowned public research institution located in Melbourne, Australia. Named in honor of the distinguished World War I general, Sir John Monash, the university was founded in 1958 and stands as the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. Monash boasts multiple campuses, including Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville in Victoria, along with one in Malaysia. Additionally, Monash maintains a research and teaching center in Prato, Italy, a graduate research school in Mumbai, India, and a graduate school in Suzhou, China. Monash University also delivers courses at other locations, including South Africa.
McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship details
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Monash University
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Arts (School of Music only)
- Health Sciences
- Program Period: Scholarship is available for the normal duration of study
- Deadline: October 31, 2023 (annual)
McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship Coverage
The Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship offers the following benefits:
- Annual living allowance: $36,800
- Relocation allowance: $1,500
- Research allowance per annum: $1,500
Eligibility Criteria for Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship
To qualify for the Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Language Proficiency: English
- General English Language Test requirements: IELTS 6.5 overall (no band less than 6.0) and TOEFL 79+ (Reading 13, Listening 12, Speaking 18 & Writing 21).
- English Language Test requirements for Arts, Business, and Economics: IELTS 7 overall (no band less than 6.5) and TOEFL 94+ (Reading 19, Listening 20, Speaking 20 & Writing 24).
- Nationality: Open to all countries worldwide
- Eligible Candidates:
- International students
- New Zealand citizens
- Australian citizens
- Australian permanent residents
- Australian humanitarian visa holders
- Check the admission qualifications for research master’s in the respective field of study (available on the website).
- Possess qualifications deemed equivalent by the Graduate Research Committee.
- Scholarships are awarded based on academic records, research output, and prior research experience.
- Not have held an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than six months.
- Have submitted a scholarship application in the current year.
- Engage in research that is both environmentally responsible and socially beneficial.
McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship online Application
Follow these application instructions to apply for the Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship:
- Receive an Invitation to Apply: Before applying, you must receive an invitation. To obtain one, complete an expression of interest or find a supervisor who agrees to supervise your research, depending on the faculty/institute requirements.
- Register for Graduate Research Admission and Scholarship: Click on “Apply Now” to register for the Graduate Research Admission and Scholarship program.
- Fill Out the Online Application: Complete all sections of the online application, thoroughly explained on the official website.
- Indicate Scholarship Interest: Express your interest in being considered for a scholarship on the application form. No separate application form is required, as you will automatically be considered for all eligible graduate research scholarships.
SJMN Required Documents
- Academic curriculum vitae
- Official academic transcripts, degree certificate, or testamur from the awarding institution (including grading schema explanation)
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of meeting the English language proficiency requirements
- Invitation to Apply
- Research proposal
For applicants with no pre-existing relationship with a Museums Victoria Curator, kindly contact Mr. Timothy Stranks (Museums Victoria) via email (email@example.com).
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to pursue your research dreams at Monash University in Australia. Apply for the Sir James McNeill Postgraduate Research Scholarship today and embark on a rewarding academic journey that can make a positive impact on the environment and society.