The Ministry of Tribal Affairs has launched the Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students, aiming to provide financial assistance to students belonging to Scheduled Tribes (ST) pursuing post-matric education from 11th grade to PhD degrees. This scholarship is exclusively available to students with domicile in Himachal Pradesh.
In this comprehensive article, we will provide you with detailed information about the Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students 2023, including its objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, features, and essential documents. Additionally, we will guide you through the online application process to ensure you have all the information you need about this scholarship initiative.
Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students
Under the Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students, varying scholarship amounts will be granted to students pursuing post-matric education in recognized universities, colleges, and schools in Himachal Pradesh. To qualify for this scholarship, students must belong to the ST category and will receive the scholarship amount based on the course or degree they are pursuing, categorized into groups.
Now, students from ST communities can pursue post-matric education with the financial support provided by the Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students. The scholarship amount will be disbursed on a monthly basis, depending on the group assigned for scholarship disbursement.
Objectives of Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students
The primary objectives of launching the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students are:
- Promoting Higher Education: To provide a platform for ST students to pursue higher education, including undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) degrees, following their completion of the 12th-grade examination. This scholarship offers crucial financial assistance for maintaining UG and PG level studies.
- Social Welfare: To promote social welfare among ST students, encouraging them to pursue advanced courses despite financial challenges. The scholarship operates through four distinct groups designed for providing scholarships based on the student’s type.
Post Matric Scholarship Beneficiary Category
This scholarship is applicable exclusively to ST (Scheduled Tribes) students residing in Himachal Pradesh.
There are two student types eligible for this scholarship:
The scholarship covers students in the following classes:
- Class 11th
- Class 12th
Students pursuing the following degrees are eligible:
- UG Degree
- PG Degree
- PhD Degree
Scholarships are distributed based on four groups:
- Group I
- Group II
- Group III
- Group IV
Post Matric Scholarship Scholarship Coverage
This scholarship covers various allowances, including:
- Maintenance Allowance
- Tuition Fees
- Library Fees
- Medical Allowance
- Study Tours
- Thesis Typing Charges
Post Matric Scholarship Annual Income Limit
The student’s family’s annual income from all sources is considered when selecting eligible beneficiaries for scholarship disbursement. The annual income limit for the student’s family should not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/-.
Possession of Freeship Card Is Mandatory
All students applying for this scholarship scheme must possess a Freeship Card provided by school authorities, indicating eligibility to apply for government-launched scholarship schemes. This document ensures that their registration for relevant scholarship schemes is reserved and not neglected.
Mode of Scholarship Transmission
The government utilizes the Direct Benefit Transfer mode for transferring scholarship amounts directly to the bank accounts of eligible beneficiaries. This model minimizes corruption issues associated with scholarship distribution, ensuring that scholarship amounts are provided only to students who have linked their Aadhar card numbers with their bank account details.
Formation of Project Appraisal Committee
A Project Appraisal Committee will be appointed to approve the Annual Action Plan presented by state governments seeking approval for upcoming scholarship schemes aimed at the welfare of ST students. This plan includes details such as targets, strategic timelines, objectives, and coverage.
Facilitation of Grievances Submission
To address grievances submitted by scholarship applicants dissatisfied with services provided by state governments, Grievance Redressal Officers (GROs) will be hired. These officers will promptly investigate and resolve grievances, ensuring qualitative services for applicants.
Benefits of Post Matric Scholarship for ST Students
The benefits of this scholarship include:
- Financial support for ST community students pursuing higher education.
- Access to post-matric classes from 11th grade to PhD degrees.
- Slightly higher scholarship amounts for hostellers compared to scholars.
- A reader allowance ranging from Rs. 160/- to Rs. 240/- per month for ST students with disabilities (ST PWD).
- Coverage of major allowances, including school fees.
- Scholarships ranging from Rs. 300/- to Rs. 570/- per month for UG degree students.
- Online applications for the Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students are open until 21st January 2023.
- Reduction in dropout rates.
Features of Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students
Key features of this scholarship program include:
- Launched by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Available to ST community students residing in Himachal Pradesh.
- Open to students enrolling in post-matric classes from 11th grade to PhD degrees.
- Scholarships for both hostelers and scholars.
- Monthly disbursement of scholarship amounts.
- Scholarship amounts ranging from Rs. 550/- to Rs. 1200/- per month for Group I students.
- Rs. 300/- per month for scholars and Rs. 570/- per month for hostellers.
- The application deadline for the Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students is 21st January 2023.
- For additional information, visit the official website.
Post Matric Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To apply online for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Student status, as the scholarship is applicable only to students studying in post-matric classes.
- Domicile in Himachal Pradesh.
- Belonging to the Scheduled Tribe category.
- Family annual income not exceeding Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
Post Matric Scholarship Documents
The following essential documents are required for online scholarship applications:
- Aadhar card of the student (mandatory)
- Date of Birth (DOB) Certificate
- PAN Card
- Income certificate
- Educational Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Residence certificate issued by the competent authority
- Proof of bank account details
- Latest Passport size photograph of the applicant
- Active mobile number
- Working Email ID address
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students online Application
Applicants must follow these steps to apply online for the scholarship:
- Visit and open the Official Website to begin the online registration process.
- On the homepage, click on the “New Registration” option.
- Tick the checkbox and click “Continue.”
- Fill out the registration form with the necessary details.
- Click the submit button to complete the registration.
Post Matric Scholarship 2023 Beneficiary List
To view the scheme-wise scholarship-sanctioned list of applicants, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the “Services” tab on the homepage.
- Select the “List Of Applicants Processed For Scholarships” link.
- Fill in the required details, such as Academic Year, Academic Type, Ministry, Scheme, State, District, Name, Mobile Number, and Captcha code.
- Click the submit button to view the list of applicants sanctioned for scholarships.
Post Matric Scholarship Contact details
For any queries or questions regarding the Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students, you can contact the following office address, helpline number, and email ID:
National Scholarship Division, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, West Block 1, 2nd Floor, Wing 6, Room No. 6, R. K. Puram, Sector 1, New Delhi 110066
Helpline No: 0120 – 6619540
Email ID: email@example.com
Expert Editorial Comment
The launch of the Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs is a commendable initiative that seeks to address financial barriers hindering the pursuit of higher education among Scheduled Tribe communities. By offering financial assistance spanning from 11th grade to PhD levels, this scholarship scheme opens doors to educational and career opportunities for ST students in Himachal Pradesh.
The scholarship’s objectives, including promoting higher education and fostering social welfare, align with the larger goal of empowering marginalized communities through education. Encouraging students to pursue advanced courses despite financial challenges can have a transformative impact on their lives and communities.
The clear categorization of students into beneficiary types, eligibility classes, and groups ensures that the scholarship reaches those who need it most. The focus on Direct Benefit Transfer and mandatory possession of a Freeship Card helps enhance transparency and efficiency in scholarship distribution while preventing misuse.
The provision for a reader allowance for ST students with disabilities demonstrates inclusivity, recognizing the diverse needs of beneficiaries. Furthermore, the reduction in dropout rates is a positive outcome that can have a far-reaching impact on educational attainment among ST communities.
Overall, the Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for ST Students is a significant step towards promoting educational equity and empowering marginalized communities. It sets an example for targeted interventions that can create positive social change through education. It is essential to continue monitoring and evaluating the scheme’s effectiveness to ensure that it reaches its intended beneficiaries and achieves its objectives.