UNESCO has introduced the UNESCO Prize for Girl’s and Women’s Education, aiming to recognize and reward excellence in the field of education for girls and women. This initiative provides much-needed recognition to individuals who have made significant contributions to advancing girls’ education. A prize amount of $50,000 will be awarded to selected awardees, promoting gender equality and women empowerment.
|Name Of The Prize||UNESCO Prize for Girl’s and Women’s Education|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology|
|Allotted Portal||UNESCO Portal|
|Objective||To advance girl’s education|
|Benefit||Girls will be able to carry out higher studies|
|Applicable to||Citizens of USA|
|Beneficiary Category||Individuals, Organizations, and Institutions contributing to the advancement of girls’ education|
|No. of Prize Laureates||2|
|Mode of Transfer||DBT|
|Payment Mechanism||E-Payment Mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Cash Prize|
|Cash Prize Amount||$50,000/-|
|Transferable Type||One-Time Payment|
|Selection Parameters||Impact, Innovation, & Sustainability|
|No of Selection Parameters||3|
|Host Site||NIC (National Information Centre)|
|Last Date To Apply Online||4th June 2023|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Purpose of the UNESCO Prize
The primary purpose of the UNESCO Prize for Girl’s and Women’s Education is to acknowledge the vital role of girls and women in the field of education. In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, where many girl students have faced significant setbacks in their studies, this prize aims to create a lasting impact and empower women to strive for success through education.
UNESCO Prize for Education dates
The timelines of this prize are as follows:-
|Call for Nominations||8th March 2023|
|Submission of Nominations||4th June 2023|
|Meeting of International Jury||June/July 2023|
|Announcement of Prize Winners||Early October 2023|
|Award Ceremony||11th October 2023|
To be eligible for the UNESCO Prize, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Contribution to Girls’ Education: Individuals, organizations, and institutions must have made noteworthy contributions to the advancement of girls’ education.
- Established Projects or Programs: Applicants should have established projects or programs focused on promoting girls’ education.
Benefits and Features
The UNESCO Prize for Girl’s and Women’s Education offers the following benefits and features:
- Empowerment and Equality: The prize empowers girls and women to pursue higher studies and promotes gender equality.
- Monetary Reward: Selected awardees receive a prize amount of $50,000, recognizing their outstanding efforts.
- Number of Prize Laureates: The prize is awarded to two exceptional girls or women, as determined by the selection body.
- Selection Parameters: The winners are selected based on the impact, innovation, and sustainability of their contributions.
Applicants are required to provide the following documents:
- Citizenship proof
- Project website
- Action plans
- Evaluations or assessments
- Mobile number
- Email ID
Online Application Process
The application process for the UNESCO Prize for Girl’s and Women’s Education will be announced soon. To stay updated, applicants can visit the official website for further instructions and details.
For any inquiries regarding the UNESCO Prize for Girl’s and Women’s Education, applicants can reach out to the following email address: GWEPrize@unesco.org.
The UNESCO Prize for Girl’s and Women’s Education serves as a powerful tool to promote and recognize the importance of education in the lives of girls and women. By empowering them through education and providing monetary rewards, this initiative contributes to gender equality and encourages more girls to overcome obstacles and pursue their dreams.