Labour Card Scholarship 2022
Labour Card Scholarship Important Dates
|Scheme Name||Scheme Closing Date||Defective Application Verification Date||Institute Verification|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric||Open till 31-10-2022||Open till 15-11-2022||Open till 15-11-2022|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric||Open till 30-09-2022||Open till 16-10-2022||Open till 16-10-2022|
List of Scholarship Schemes
The labour card scholarship scheme offers the following types of incentives:
- Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) for the Children of Beedi Workers.
- The scheme provides financial assistance (scholarships) to children of iron ore, manganese ore, and chrome ore mine (IOMC) workers.
- Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) for the Children of Limestone and Dolomite Mine Workers.
- A Scheme for Awarding Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarships) to Children of Cine Workers
Labour Card Scholarship Incentives Available
The following benefits will be available to the authorities if they apply for this scholarship:-
|First to 4th class||Rs 1000|
|Fifth to 8th class||1500 Rupees|
|9th class||Rs 2000|
|10th class||Rs 2000|
|11th and 12th class||Rs 3000|
|Degree courses||Rs 6000|
|Professional courses||Rs 25000|
Labour Card Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To apply for this scholarship, an applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:-
- At least six months of experience in Beedi, Iron Ore Manganese & Chrome Ore Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines, and Cine is required for parents of the students. It also includes contract and gharkhata (home-based) workers.
- Worker’s family’s total monthly income from all sources should not exceed as under
- a. Beedi Workers – Rs.10,000/-
- b. Mine Workers –
- Workers performing manual, unskilled, highly skilled, and clerical work are eligible to participate in all welfare schemes of the Labour Welfare Organization, regardless of their wages.
- Employees in supervisory or managerial roles are eligible for the benefits under different welfare schemes as long as their monthly salary does not exceed Rs.10,000.
- For the purpose of this Act, an amount not exceeding Rs.8,000/- per month or Rs.1,00,000/- per month as remuneration for a cine worker is considered “an amount not exceeding Rs.8,000/- per month when paid monthly.”
- A candidate must have passed the last qualifying examination on the first attempt. In addition, students who are promoted to the next class are also eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- Scholarships are not available to Scholars pursuing studies via correspondence.
- To be eligible for scholarship awards, candidates must have taken regular admission to a recognized institution of higher education in India, in any course of general or technical education, including medical, engineering, and agricultural studies. Scholarships are not available under the scheme to students in the following categories:
- Students who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in a different subject at the same stage. e.g. B.Sc. after B.Com. or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in one subject after M.A. in another subject.
- After completing an educational career in one profession, students continue their studies in another profession, e.g. L.L.B. after B.T. or B.Ed.
- Educational Institutes must be government-approved or recognized by the government.
- The Scheme does not apply to students who receive scholarships or stipends from other sources.
- It is possible for the scholarship to be revoked under the following circumstances:
- a. Scholarships are not awarded if false statements are made to obtain them.
- b. After the scholarship holder discontinues his/her studies, the scholarship will cease.
- c. If the scholar changes the subject of the course of study for which the scholarship was originally awarded or changes the institution of study without prior approval.
- d. If the scholar fails to make satisfactory progress during the academic year or is irregular in attendance or is guilty of misconduct.
- e. If the scholar’s parent(s) no longer works in a beedi, mine, or cinema.
- Scholars should have separate bank accounts. Joint Accounts should have the Scholar’s first name as the name on the account.
- There should also be a separate bank account number for each child of the same worker.
- Scholars are required to provide a separate mobile number.
To apply for this scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents:-
- A copy of the worker’s identity card (Form B Register Number in the case of miners).
- An official copy of the front page of the bank’s pass book or a cancelled check (containing the account holder’s/beneficiary’s details).
- Previous academic year’s mark sheet/passing certificate
- The Revenue Authority issues an income certificate
Labour Card Scholarship 2022 Application Procedure
In order to apply for the scholarship, we have to follow the simple steps below:-
- By clicking on this link, candidates will be able to access the official website of the national scholarship portal.
- You will be taken to the home page.
- Select the New Registration option
- You will see instructions on your screen.
- Tick mark the declaration.
- Select “Continue”.
- Complete all the fields.
- Please enter your name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, and bank details.
- Please enter the captcha code
- Select “Register”.
- Log in with your credentials now.
- Select the Application Form option.
- On the screen, you will see the application form
- Name of the student, State of Domicile, Date of Birth, Community/Category, Father’s Name, Aadhaar Card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email ID, and so on.
- Then click “Save & Continue”
- The documents should be uploaded.
- Select “Final Submission”
- It will be successful to submit the application form.
Check Application Status
Following is the simple procedure for checking the status of your application:-
- To begin, candidates will need to visit the national scholarship portal’s official website by clicking the link provided below.
- You will be taken to the home page.
- Log in by clicking the Login option.
- Your browser will open a new page.
- Select your year from the drop-down menu.
- You will be taken to a new page.
- Please enter your application ID and password.
- Select Submit from the menu.
- Your application status will appear on your screen.
- For any technical queries, please contact Helpdesk at helpdesk[at]nsp[dot]gov[dot]in or 0120 – 6619540 (from 8 AM to 8 PM on all days, excluding holidays)