National Overseas Scholarship: It is available to students who belong to the Scheduled Castes, Denotified Nomadic, and Semi-Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Laborers, and Traditional Artisans category to receive this scholarship in order to pursue higher education, such as a Master’s or a Doctoral degree. This article provides you with information related to National Overseas Scholarship For SC Students 2023, as well as the process for applying online.
National Overseas Scholarship For SC Students, about…
In order to continue their education in India, people from different types of societies are offer a variety of scholarships by the Indian government. On the official website of the National Overseas Scholarship For SC Students, students can view the different types of scholarships available and then register themselves by clicking on the registration button. A technical scholarship can be apply for by those who are currently pursuing different types of technical courses through the official portal. With this scholarship, you won’t have to worry about meeting the financial needs that are require to fulfill in India if you continue to pursue your education.
Dates which are important
Application Start Date – 1st February 2023
Application Closing Date – 31st March 2023
Criteria for Eligibility
To be eligible for the scheme, applicants must meet the following criteria:-
- As of the first day of April of the selection year, the applicant must be under 35 years of age
- There must be a connection between the applicant and a Scheduled Caste (SC), Denotified Nomadic Tribe, Semi-Nomadic Tribe, Landless Agricultural Labourer, or Traditional Artisan.
- Master’s and Ph.D. degrees must be pursue abroad by the applicant
- In order to apply for a Ph.D., applicants need to have a minimum 60% grade in a relevant master’s degree.
- If applying for a Master’s degree, the applicant must have at least 60% marks or an equivalent grade in a relevant bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must have an annual family income of not more than INR 8,00,000.
- The percentage of marks obtained in the Bachelor’s degree will taken into consideration if a student completes a Bachelor of Engineering after completing the diploma (lateral entry to 2nd year).
To apply for the scholarship, the following documents required:
- Caste/ category certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Scanned signature
- Current address proof
- Permanent address proof
- Qualifying marksheet/ degree
- Valid document regarding admission to Foreign UniversityTax officers not below the rank of “Tehsildar” must
- issue income certificates to all family members contributing to the household
- Employer’s NOC certificate (if the applicant employed)
- The provisional award letter issued in the case of selection under the scheme of National Overseas
- Scholarships for SC, etc. The applicant requires to submit the following –
- Attestation form
- Copy of passport
- A self-declaration of income and an undertaking regarding the family’s total annual income
In case of pending cases or non-convictions, self-declaration.
Criteria for Selection
Selection will take place in two rounds only. Upon receiving an offer of admission and scholarship from a foreign university/ institution, a merit list of the eligible candidates will prepared based on their current QS ranking. In the merit list, candidates with offer letters from higher ranked universities/institutions will ranked higher. The merit position of a candidate will determined after the qualifying examination for the higher studies for which the scholarship has applied, if there is a tie between their QS rankings.
Terms and Conditions
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:-
- Women will be eligible for 30% of the awards each year.
- It will not be possible to change institutions/universities. The selected candidate may apply again in the next round if he or she wishes to change the course or university.
- Guidelines of National Overseas Scholarships for SC, etc. have modified or relaxed.
- There will be a limit of two scholarship awards per family/guardian.
- You may refer to the Scheme Guidelines 2022-23, which are available in the portal, before filling out the form.
- Under the login tab, new applicants must register under the ‘Student Register Form’ in order to apply for the scholarship for the first time. When filling out the application, the applicant must provide accurate information.
- Your registered e-mail address will receive a text message once you have successfully logged in.
- In order to fill out the application form, the applicant will use the email address and password entered by him or her. All queries/information from the Department will be access using the same login-id and password.
- If the candidate selected, the applicant required to submit the Attestation form and other documents as requested by the Department.
- Scholarship letters will be issue to selected candidates who have already admitted to foreign universities/institutions.
- For the academic session 2022-23 and onward, candidates who have received an unconditional offer of admission from a foreign institution or university on the list of the top 500 ranked institutions or universities may considered for the award of a scholarship to study at such an institution or university, provided they meet other eligibility requirements.
National Overseas Scholarship Application Process For SC Students 2023
The simple procedure for registering yourself on the official website is as follows:-
- By clicking on the link provided here, you will be able to access the Official Website of the scheme.
- You will taken to the home page.
- A new page will appear after clicking the Login button on the home page.
- The next step is to click on the Register Yourself option You will be prompt to fill out the registration form on your screen.
- Create an account by uploading all of your documents and creating a password.
- You can log in after you register yourself.