Kendriya Sainik Board: Government of India’s Kendriya Sainik Board has launched a new scholarship program. Regardless of their rank, wards and widows of Ex-Servicemen and Ex-Coast Guard personnel will receive financial assistance. We will discuss the objective, eligibility criteria, application form, important documents, and rewards of the Kendriya Sainik Board Scholarship 2023 in this article today. The application procedures for this scheme will also be explained to you step-by-step.
Kendriya Sainik Board Scholarship, know about…
Known as the prime minister scholarship scheme, Kendriya Sainik board scholarships were introduced in 2006-07. Introducing this scholarship was primarily designed to help widows and dependents of deceased or disabled ex-servicemen, as well as ex-coastguard personnel. In this way, ex-servicemen can pursue higher and professional education without worrying about finances thanks to Kendriya Sainik Board Scholarships. Their independence will be enhanced by this scheme.
Kendriya Sainik Board Scholarship Details
|Name of the scheme
|Kendriya Sainik Board Scholarship
|Government of India
|Dependent wards of Ex-Servicemen and Ex Coast Guard
|To encourage higher education
|Wards will be able to stand on their own feet
|For Boys- Rs. 2,500 per month For Girls- Rs. 3,000 per month
|Mode of Application
Kendriya Sainik Board Scholarship Objective
The military has left many veterans with disabilities and deaths as a result of harnesses. Their children cannot pursue higher education due to this. India has launched this scholarship in light of this. In this scheme, former servicemen and Coast Guard members’ wards and widows will be given educational opportunities. By doing so, they will be able to stand on their own two feet without having to worry about money.
Kendriya Sainik Board Scholarship Amount
The following scholarship amount will be given to the wards of ex-servicemen
|Rs. 2,500 per month
|Rs. 3,000 per month
Criteria for Selection Of Scholarship
Students are selected based on their order of preference:
- 1st Category– Spouses and widows of deceased ESM/ex-coast guard personnel
- 2nd Category– Disabled ex-ESM and ex-coastguard personnel whose disabilities are attributable to service in the military or coastguard.
- 3rd Category– Dependants & Widows of ex-employees of ESMs and Coast Guards who died in service as a result of a service-related illness or injury.
- 4th Category– Disabled ESMs and ex-Coast Guard members with disabilities attributable to military or Coast Guard service.
- 5th Category– Wives and widows of ESMs and former Coast Guardsmen who received gallantry awards.
- 6th Category– Children of ESMs or ex-coast guardsmen.
Kendriya Sainik Board Scholarships last for:
The course must be approved by the relevant department for a period of two to five years
The B.Ed program lasts one year.
Kendriya Sainik Board Scholarship Benefits & Features
- The Indian government has launched a new scholarship program.
- Kendriya Sainik Board Scholarship is the name of this scholarship.
- For dependents of ex-servicemen and ex-coast guard personnel, this scheme provides educational opportunities.
- With this scheme, ex-servicemen will be able to continue their education without having to worry about finances.
- Following the death of their parents, students can stand on their own two feet..
- Those who would like to pursue various courses, such as B.E., B.Tech, BDS, MBBS, B.Ed, BBA, B.Pharma, MBA, and MCA, do not have to worry about financial aid.
- This scheme is not open to students studying abroad.
- By participating in this scheme, students will be able to brighten up their futures.
- India’s literacy rate will be reduced as a result.
- Higher technical and professional education will be encouraged by scholarships.
- By adopting this scheme, the wards will be able to plan for the future without the help of their fathers who served in the military.
- The Scholarship awarded to around 4,000 students every year.
- Visit the Kendriya Sainik Board’s official website if you interested in applying.
Criteria for Eligibility
To qualify for the scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Admission to the first year is required for applicants.
- A minimum of 60% marks must be achieved in the last exam.
- Only integrated courses are open to students in the second and subsequent years of their studies.
- A dependent ward/widow of an ex-serviceman or an ex-coast guard member may apply.
- There are no exemptions for wards of civilians or paramilitary personnel.
For Scholarships, the following documents are require
- Aadhar Card
- Mobile number
- Bank account details
- Passport size photograph
- Admission receipt.
Kendriya Sainik Board Scholarship Online Application Process
The Sainik Board Secretariat also has an official website through which candidates can apply
- Start by visiting the Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat’s official website.
- You will see the home page.
- Go to the PMSS New Application Tab and click the Apply Online option.
- You will be present with the registration form.
- Fill out the form with all the requested information.
- Click on Submit once you have entered all the details.
- Register on the official website after completing the registration process.
- You can apply now by clicking the button.
- You will be present with a scholarship registration form.
- Be careful when filling out the form.
- Don’t forget to attach everything you need.
- Once that has done, click the Submit button.