Indira Gandhi Scholarship: It is an undergraduate scholarship program to assist our country’s girl children in pursuing their dreams of getting a great education through Indira Gandhi’s single girl child scholarship. We have summarized all the details regarding the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023 in the article below if you want to know more about the scholarship scheme. To learn more about the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship program offered by the organization so that girl children can continue their education, be sure to read the article. This article explains the eligibility criteria as well as the application process in step-by-step detail.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship, about…
As a result of poverty and discrimination from their parents or society, it is very important to support the girl child in India. Approximately 3,000 girls from across the country will benefit from the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship every year. For a period of two years, the girls will receive 3,100 rupees per month. They will receive this money in order to continue their education.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Details
|Name||Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Objective||Rupees 3,100 per month|
|Beneficiaries||Single girl child|
|Official site||NSP Portal|
Criteria for Eligibility
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must meet the following criteria:-
- In any designated university or postgraduate college, applicants must be accepted into the regular, full-time 1st-year master’s degree program.
- Applicants must be the only child of their parents. This scholarship is available to girls who are twin daughters/fraternal daughters, but the candidate must not have any brothers.
- At the time of admission to the PG program, candidates cannot be older than 30 years old.
- This scholarship is not available to candidates admitted to PG courses through distance learning.
- This scholarship does not have any income requirements.
In order to apply for this scholarship, you must submit the following documents:-
- Income and caste certificates are required for students.
- It is necessary to provide proof of admission.
- The institution’s and the student’s bank account details must be provided.
- It is necessary to know the program’s fee structure.
- The student must submit a passport-size photo and a signature.
- Identification card required for students.
- Parents’ affidavits duly attested by a First Class Magistrate/ Gazetted Officer/ Senior District Manager stating that the girl is the only child in the house.
The following conditions apply
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must follow the following terms and conditions:
- This UGC scholarship is only available to students in their first year of a PG course.
- Hostel, medical, and other fees are not covered by the grant.
- As part of this scholarship for single-girl children, the host institute does not charge the awardees any tuition fees.
- A Progress Report must be submitted by the candidates to the designated bank (Canara Bank) after one year of receiving the scholarship amount, in accordance with the prescribed format, to the designated bank, based on which funds for the next academic year are released. Registrars of the Universities, Heads of Institutions, or Principals of Colleges must sign this report.
- In case of discontinuation of studies without prior notice to UGC, candidates must refund the whole amount directly to the UGC account through e-mode (RTGS/NEFT).
- Other scholarships are also available to applicants with this scholarship.
- In the case of Physically Challenged awardees, the scholarship may be terminated if the candidates commit misconduct, provide incorrect information during the application process, or score less than 55% in the first year.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Application Process
Please follow the simple steps below to apply for the scholarship:-
- Visit the official scholarship portal website first.
- Your screen will display the homepage.
- Once you’ve clicked New Registration, you’ll taken to a new page.
- Your screen will display the registration form.
- Take the time to read the guidelines.
- Make sure the declarations are tick.
- Continue by clicking here.
- Complete the registration form with all your details.
- Generate usernames and passwords.
- The OTP must be use to verify your mobile number
- Use your credentials to log in.
- The application form can filled out by clicking the option called Application Form.
- All the documents you need to upload should uploaded.
- Once the application form has successfully submitted, take a printout.