You can apply online for the Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students, which supports students pursuing post-matric education from 11th grade to Ph.D. in various fields like Medicine, Engineering, Technology, and more. The scholarships come in different amounts.
In this article, we’ll provide all the information you need about the 2023 Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students, including its purpose, eligibility criteria, benefits, features, and required documents. We’ll also guide you through the online application process. Read on for the complete details.
Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students 2023
The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has launched the Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students in Chandigarh. This initiative aims to provide financial support to students from Other Backward Communities so that they can complete their education without being burdened by tuition fees.
||OBC (Other Backward Classes)
|Mode Of Transfer
||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
|Form of Benefit
||60% to 70% marks in the previous year’s exam
||70% Attendance Record
||Group I to Group IV
|No. of Allotted Groups
|Amount of benefit
||Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Courses
Private Pilot License Courses
|No. of Ineligible Courses
|Annual Income Limit
||National Information Center (NIC)
|Mode Of Application
|Last Date of Online Form Submission
||National Scholarships (NSP)
Objectives of Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students
- To support students from Other Backward Communities in pursuing education from 11th to Ph.D. in various fields.
- To create a portal for OBC students to apply for scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship 2023 last date
- Last Date to Apply Online: 08-01-2023
- Defective Verification Process: 10-01-2023
- Institute Verification Process: 10-01-2023
- DNO/SNO/MNO Verification Process: 15-01-2023
There are two student types:
Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Covered Allowances
These allowances are covered:
- Maintenance Allowance
- Books Allowances
- Ad Hoc
- Additional Allowance
Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship Amount
The scholarship amounts vary by group:
Group I: UG/PG courses in various fields – Scholar = Rs. 350/- per month, Hosteller = Rs. 750/- per month.
Group II: Professional and diploma courses – Scholar = Rs. 335/- per month, Hosteller = Rs. 510/- per month.
Group III: UG Courses – Scholar = Rs. 210/- per month, Hosteller = Rs. 400/- per month.
Group IV: Non-degree and vocational courses – Scholar = Rs. 160/- per month, Hosteller = Rs. 260/- per month.
Additional Allowances for OBC PWD Students
Additional allowances for PWD students from OBC categories:
- Group A: Rs. 175/- per month
- Group B: Rs. 175/- per month
- Group C: Rs. 130/- per month
- Group D: Rs. 90/- per month
Annual Income Limit
The annual family income limit for scholarship eligibility is Rs. 2,50,000/-
Empowerment of OBC Communities
This scholarship aims to empower OBC communities by providing social welfare benefits and opportunities to exercise their rights.
Eligibility is determined based on academic performance, previous year marks, attendance record, and Aadhar-based attendance.
Required documents include Aadhar Card, DOB certificate, annual income certificate, caste certificate, passport-sized photograph, bank account details, educational certificates, active mobile number, and working email ID.
Chandigarh Post Matric Scholarship for obc students online Application
Follow these steps to apply online:
- Visit the Official Website.
- You will land on the homepage.
- Click on the “New Registration” option.
- A new page will appear on your screen.
- Check the provided checkbox.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- The registration form will appear on your screen.
- Fill in the required details.
- Click the “Submit” button.
Viewing Beneficiary List
- Visit the official website.
- Navigate to the homepage.
- Click on the “Services” tab.
- Select the “List Of Applicants Processed For Scholarships” link.
- Relevant options will be displayed on your screen.
- Provide the required details, including Academic Year, Academic Type, Ministry, Scheme, State, District, Name, Mobile Number, and Captcha code.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- The relevant details of scholarship beneficiaries will be displayed on your screen.
- You can now view the list of applicants who have been sanctioned scholarships.
For any queries, you can contact the National Scholarship Division:
- Office Address: National Scholarship Division, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, New Delhi.
- Helpline No: 0120 – 6619540
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org