Central Sector Scholarship: A new scheme called the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship 2023 has been launched by the Department of Higher Education to assist 12th-pass students with the day-to-day expenses they incur in pursuing higher education. Student of the 12th class can pursue professional courses with the help of this scheme. Our goal with this article is to provide you with all the important information you need to know about the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students. These include its objective, benefits, features, eligibility requirements, and important documents. The application procedures for this scholarship will also be shared with you.
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2023, about…
The Department of Higher Education has introduced a new scheme to provide students with day-to-day expenses during professional courses like medicine and engineering. This scheme provides scholarships to financially weak Meritorious students in order to enable them to pursue their dream of pursuing professional courses. Depending on the student’s education level, they will be selected. Applications for this scheme must be submitted via the official website of the national scholarship portal.
Central Sector Scholarship 2023 Details
|Name of the scheme||Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship|
|Launched by||the department of Higher Education under the Ministry of Human Resource Development|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance for day-to-day activities|
|Benefit||financially weak students will be able to pursue the professional courses|
|Financial assistance||Graduation level- 10,000 per annum for 3 years Post-graduation level- Rs 20,000 per annum Professional courses- Rs 20,000 per annum Hindi 4th and 5th year|
|Beneficiaries||Financially weak student|
|Mode of application||Online|
Central Sector Scheme 2023 Objective
As we all know, there are many financially vulnerable students who cannot continue their professional studies due to their financial difficulties. And their dreams of becoming doctors or engineers remained unfulfilled. The Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships has been developed by the Department of Higher Education with this in mind. This scheme provides financial assistance to financially weak students pursuing professional degrees in the fields of medicine and engineering (Central Sector Scholarship).
Central Sector Scholarship Incentive Amount
|Graduation Level||Rs. 10,000 per annum for 3 years|
|Post Graduation Level||Rs. 20,000 per annum for 2 years|
|Professional Courses||Rs. 20,000 per annum|
|Technical Courses Such as B.Tech and B.E||Scholarship amount up to Graduation Level|
Minorities, students from the weaker sections, and students from the reserved categories will be selected based on merit. Under the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme, the following categories are reserved (Central Sector Scholarship).
|Scheduled Caste SC||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes ST||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes OBC||27%|
|Physically Handicapped person with Disability||5%|
For the age group of 18 to 25 years, scholarships are shared by the state Education Board, after which the share for CBSE and CISC is determined by the number of students graduating from the board. There are 50 girls reserved out of those 100. Based on the ratio of 3:2:1, the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships is allocated to the state Education Board by students who pass out in science, commerce, and humanities streams. The scholarship will be interchanged in the event that there are not enough applicants .
Central Sector Scholarship Features & Benefits
- A Central Sector Scholarship Scheme has been launched by the Government of India
- Department of Higher Education.
- Meritorious financially weak Indian students will receive financial assistance under the scheme.
- In addition to helping them pay for their day-to-day expenses, this financial assistance will help them pursue higher education.
- Introducing the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme is aimed at providing financial assistance to students who excel in their studies
- Students will receive the scholarship based on their merits
- Every year, about 82000 scholarships are awarded for graduate and post-graduate studies, as well as for professional courses in medicine and engineering
- A total of 82000 students are enrolled, of which 41000 are males and 41000 are females.
- Girls and boys receive 50% of the scholarships
- A scholarship like this will help reduce the country’s illiteracy rate.
Criteria for Eligibility of Central Sector Scholarship
- This scheme is open to 80% of class 12th graduates
- AICTE, the Dental Council of India, Medical Council of India, or other recognized institution or college must recognize applicants pursuing regular courses such as medical or engineering
- Candidates’ families should not earn more than 8 lakh per year from all sources.
- This scheme is not open to students pursuing degree courses through distance learning or correspondence courses.
Required Documents for Central Sector Scholarship
- Aadhar Card
- 12th Class Marksheet
- Income certificate
- Mobile number
- Passport size photograph.
Central Sector Scholarship Process To Apply Online
All the interested applicants who want to apply under Central Sector Schemes of Scholarship will have to follow the procedure given below:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal’s official website first.
- A new window will appear with the homepage.
- Select New Registration from the homepage.
- You will be taken to a new web page.
- You must carefully read the terms and conditions here.
- Check all the declaration boxes after reading the terms and conditions.
- Click the Continue button now.
- You will see the registration form.
- Please fill out all the fields in the form.
- Click on Register once you have entered all the details.
- Through this you can easily apply under the scholarship scheme.
Central Sector Scholarship Renewal
- Visit the national scholarship portal’s official website.
- In front of you will be the home page.
- Click on New Registration on the homepage.
- You will be take to a new page.
- Select the Renewal option.
- You will be take to a new web page.
- To renew your application, you must login.
- Please enter all the required information, such as the Application ID, Password, and Captcha Code.
- Click the Login option once you have entered your details.
- You will then see the form.
- The renewal form must be fill out completely.
- Click on Submit after that.
- The renewal can applied for easily this way.