Canara Bank scholarships, in association with the University Grants Commission (UGC), has established a dedicated scholarship portal known as Scholar’s Gate. It serves as the Nodal Agency for the allocation of UGC scholarships and awards. The Canara Bank Scholarship Program is an advanced system for distributing scholarships and is integrated with the Integrated Financial Management Information System (PFMS) to ensure efficient disbursal of scholarship amounts through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
The Scholar’s Gate portal is well-maintained and ensures prompt scholarship payouts, minimizing any submission or payment-related issues. It offers a range of scholarships provided by the University Grants Commission, including the Covid Crisis Scholarship, Atul Maheshwari Scholarship, VIT Scholarship 2023, MEXT Scholarship, HDFC Scholarship 2023, Inlaks Scholarship, and MOMA Scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for Canara Bank Scholarships
The Canara Bank Education Course offers UGC-approved scholarships primarily aimed at university graduates who aspire to pursue higher studies. Here are the eligibility requirements that applicants must fulfill before applying for the UGC Canara Bank online scholarship schemes:
- Login to the Canara Student Club.
- Submit the necessary educational and professional documents.
- Provide proof of identification, address, and income.
Canara Bank Scholarship lists
The Canara Bank Scholarship Portal offers various UGC-approved scholarships. Here is a complete list of scholarships available:
- Postdoctoral Scholarship in Humanities and Social Science, Dr. S Radhakrishnan
- Eligibility: Unemployed candidates engaged in full-time research, aged below 35 (with a 5-year age relaxation for reserved categories), and possessing minimum academic qualifications.
- National Fellowship for Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- Eligibility: Postgraduate unemployed candidates belonging to the OBC category with an annual household income not exceeding Rs. 6 lakhs. Must be enrolled full-time in M.Phil. or Ph.D. programs in Science, Social Sciences, and Research and Manufacturing.
- Kothari Fellowship
- Eligibility: Unemployed candidates aged below 35 (with age relaxation for OBC, SC/ST, females, and differently-abled candidates). Applicants should possess a Ph.D. in Science and preferably have published field study.
- National Eligibility Test-Junior Research Fellowship (NET-JRF)
- Eligibility: Candidates aged 30 or below (with age relaxation for OBC, SC/ST, PWD, and female applicants). Must have a graduate degree with a minimum grade point average and meet other specified criteria.
- Indira Gandhi Scholarship Program for Unmarried Female Students
- Eligibility: Unmarried female candidates without siblings, aged below 30, and enrolled in the first year of a master’s degree program at a reputed educational institution.
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minorities
- Eligibility: Candidates belonging to minority groups (Islamic, Zoroastrian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jainism, or Catholic) enrolled in a full-time Ph.D. or Master of Arts program with a minimum postgraduate grade.
- National Scholarship for Scheduled Castes named after Rajiv Gandhi
- Eligibility: Postgraduate candidates from SC/ST backgrounds who enroll in an MPhil/Ph.D. program within two years of receiving the official transcript.
- Ishan Uday-North Eastern Region Special Scholarship Scheme
- Eligibility: Candidates from the North East region who have passed the 12th class or equivalent exam and are first-year undergraduate students in a recognized college or university. The average household income should not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakhs.
- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
- Eligibility: Unmarried female candidates without relatives, enrolled in a Ph.D. program in humanities at a recognized college or university.
How to Apply Online for Canara Bank Scholarship 2023
To apply for the Canara Bank Scholarship 2023, follow the steps below:
- Visit the official Canara Bank Scholarship portal at https://scholarship.canarabank.in/.
- Click on the “Scholar’s Corner” link.
- Select the “Registration” link.
- Fill in the required details, including the scholarship scheme, student ID, date of birth, and email ID.
- Click on the “Register” button to complete the registration process.
About Canara Bank Scholarship
The Canara Bank Scholarship 2023 is aimed at supporting students enrolled in private or government institutes or organizations across India. In today’s world, knowledge is a valuable asset, and many recent high school graduates seek financial assistance to pursue their desired careers, which often require years of university education. Scholarships are highly sought-after as they provide financial aid without the burden of repayment, unlike student loans.
By providing timely scholarships, Canara Bank and the UGC contribute to making education more accessible and affordable, empowering students to achieve their academic goals and contribute to society.