The Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, has recently unveiled the information brochure for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) on its official website. Aspiring candidates can access the GATE 2024 information brochure online. For registration, interested candidates can visit the official site of IIT at https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/.
GATE is an entirely objective-type exam, and the question patterns may include Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), Multiple Select Questions (MSQs), and/or Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions, as per the official notice.
The computer-based GATE examination is scheduled to take place in February at various centers spread across the country. As part of the latest updates, IIT Kanpur will soon introduce a detailed information brochure and a new website for GATE. Notably, the eligibility criteria for the GATE examination have been expanded to include students with BDS and M. Pharm degrees.
An estimated 858,890 students are expected to appear for the GATE exam this year. IIT Kanpur will soon release the online application for the GATE exam, which will be conducted through computer-based mode with a duration of 180 minutes. To facilitate the examination process, a total of 195 centers have been designated for conducting the GATE examination.
GATE 2024 Information Brochure
Candidates interested in applying for GATE 2024 can access the information brochure online on the official website of IIT Kanpur. The brochure provides essential details about the examination, including eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application fee, and more. Aspirants can visit the official GATE website at https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/ for further information and updates.
GATE Exam 2024 Format
The GATE examination will be entirely objective type, consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), Multiple Select Questions (MSQs), and/or Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions. The computer-based exam will be conducted in February at various centers across the country. The duration of the examination is 180 minutes, and there are a total of 24 subjects available, including two new subjects introduced this year: Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Sciences (XH) in Economics, English, Linguistics, Philosophy, Psychology, and Sociology.
GATE Exam 2024 Last Date
|GATE Registration||24-08-2023 to 29-09-2023|
|GATE Correction Window opens||November 7 to November 11|
|GATE Admit Card available from||January 3, 2024|
|GATE Exam||February 3, 4, 10 and 11, 2024|
GATE Exam 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) welcomes candidates from various educational backgrounds. The following individuals are eligible to appear for GATE:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology: Candidates who have completed a 4-year program after 10+2 or a 3-year program after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology, as well as those in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture: Individuals who have pursued a five-year course in Architecture and are in their final year of study.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Science: Candidates who have completed a four-year program in Science (B.S.) and are in their final year of study.
- Master’s degree holders in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications: Those who hold a Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Applications, and are in the final year of their program.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology: Individuals pursuing a post B.Sc. Integrated Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology and are in their second year or higher.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology: Candidates pursuing a five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and are in their fourth year or higher.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree: Individuals pursuing a five-year integrated M.Sc. or B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and are in their final year of study.
- Candidates with qualifications from recognized professional societies: Those who have qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech, and those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent.
The GATE examination offers a platform for candidates from diverse educational backgrounds to pursue postgraduate programs in engineering, technology, architecture, and science fields. The validity of the GATE score is three years from the date of result announcement.
GATE Exam 2024 Application Fee
The application fee for GATE is as follows:
- Female candidates and SC/ST/PwD* category candidates: Rs. 750
- All other candidates: Rs. 1500 During the Extended Period (if applicable):
- Female candidates and SC/ST/PwD* category candidates: Rs. 1250
- All other candidates: Rs. 2000
GATE Exam 2024 Application Process
Candidates can apply for GATE by submitting the application form online through the GATE Online Application Portal (GOAPS) website. During the application process, candidates must upload their photograph, signature, certificate of qualifying degree, and category certificate (SC/ST/PwD) and/or Dyslexic certificate, if applicable. The application form requires candidates to enter their identification number from any one of the specified IDs, such as Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID, or Driving License.
How to Apply for GATE 2024
- Visit the official website of GATE.
- Click on the “GATE Online Application Portal is live. Click here to Apply” link.
- Create a login account using your enrollment ID/email address and password.
- Fill in the application form with the required details.
- Upload all the necessary documents and proceed to pay the fees.
- After completing the application process, submit the form.
|GATE 2022 Website||https://www.gate.iitkgp.ac.in/|
|GATE 2023 website||https://gate.iitk.ac.in/|
GATE is a crucial examination for candidates aspiring to pursue postgraduate studies in engineering, technology, architecture, and science fields. The GATE score is also recognized by various Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) for recruitment purposes. Candidates are advised to stay updated with the GATE website for any changes in the exam schedule, considering the evolving COVID-19 situation.